I'm a politically liberal atheist. For those who find liberal and/or atheist views to be unbearable, consider yourselves forewarned. I encourage you to read, though, even if you don't align with my views. After all, this is the United States of America (well.....at least it is where I am) and the discussion of ideas is one of our most cherished freedoms.

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I will try to be accurate in my posts but there will surely come a time when I get something wrong. Feel free to notify me if it is something egregious or you believe the correction would alter my opinion.



Saturday, May 9, 2009

Elizabeth Edwards

Elizabeth Edwards has written a book, Resilience, and was recently interviewed by Oprah for her television show. I watched the interview but have not read the book (nor do I expect I will in the future).

What struck me as odd was the comment Mrs. Edwards made about her husband's possible paternity of the baby Rielle Hunter (the other woman) has. Mrs. Edwards stated even if her husband is the father, it will have no affect on her life.

Perhaps Mrs. Edwards is coming at this from the POV of not letting this baby's existence enter her mind or her life at this time. After all, she is battling a terminal case of cancer. She needs to concentrate her energy toward taking care of herself and her children.

Personally, I think she is fooling herself. If it turns out to be so, this baby will be the ½ sister of Mrs. Edwards' children. They will probably want to know their sister and she, them.

I fervently believe her comment might just come back to bite her. Rielle Hunter might decide a paternity test is worthwhile and she might want John involved in the baby's life. All this because of Elizabeth's comment that this won't affect her life in any way. Never say never.

My second problem with this family is how Mrs. Edwards stood up in front of the country whenever she could and professed the good character of her husband. All while knowing he had cheated on her on numerous occasions with a videographer who thought he was "hot".

He is not hot. A hot man doesn't go out behind his wife's back, especially a wife who is fighting cancer. There's no accounting for taste.

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on ... look at the man. He is too hot! I am with both these women. John Edwards is hot! "Hot" is all on the outside. Eye candy! Good looking! Handsome! Hot!

    Give the guy some credit for that incredible hair! LOL

    ReplyDelete