I'm a politically liberal atheist. For those who find liberal and/or atheist views to be unbearable, consider yourselves forewarned. I encourage you to read, though, even if you don't align with my views. After all, this is the United States of America (well.....at least it is where I am) and the discussion of ideas is one of our most cherished freedoms.

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I will try to be accurate in my posts but there will surely come a time when I get something wrong. Feel free to notify me if it is something egregious or you believe the correction would alter my opinion.



Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dick Cheney

What's the deal with former Vice President Richard Cheney? He's all over the place! During the Bush administration, he kept a low profile. He was very secretive about his office and who visited him there. Now, we can't get him to shut up!

His latest foray was on Face the Nation (CBS) this morning. I didn't watch the entire interview. There's only so much crap a person can tolerate before changing the channel.

I did hear him proclaim that Colin Powell is a Democrat. He also wants the release of the memos which prove torture (particularly water-boarding) provided a benefit to our country (yeah, all 183 or some odd times, I suppose).

I have heard that the Republicans wish he would just shut up. He seems to be planting a bug in our ears so if we are ever attacked again, he can say "I told you so. We were much safer under the Bush years".

The man has a severe heart condition. He's a senior citizen. The terrorists are extremely patient. It will be a very long time before we have a Republican in the White House again. The Bush Administration made sure of that. Barack Obama is doing the right things to protect our country. Cheney won't be around if we are ever attacked again. I won't be around and I'm at least 25 years younger than him.

He's a burr in our collective saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment