I'm a politically liberal atheist. For those who find liberal and/or atheist views to be unbearable, consider yourselves forewarned. I encourage you to read, though, even if you don't align with my views. After all, this is the United States of America (well.....at least it is where I am) and the discussion of ideas is one of our most cherished freedoms.

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I will try to be accurate in my posts but there will surely come a time when I get something wrong. Feel free to notify me if it is something egregious or you believe the correction would alter my opinion.



Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bad, Bad Atheists!

Archbishop of Westminster attacks atheism but says nothing on child abuse
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article6334837.ece

<At the installation of the Most Rev Vincent Nichols at Westminster Cathedral, his predecessor, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, described a lack of faith as “the greatest of evils” and blamed atheism for war and destruction, implying that it was a greater evil even than sin itself. After receiving the crozier marking the office, Archbishop Nichols, glitteringly vested in newly minted gold mitre and chasuble, also defended faith against the secular agenda.>>

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Atheists are evil doers. It's so blatantly obvious. (Just sweep that misunderstanding about Irish Catholic schools and their child abuse right under that carpet over there). Yes, that's better.....now back to those evil doing atheists.....

No comments:

Post a Comment