I'm a politically liberal atheist. For those who find liberal and/or atheist views to be unbearable, consider yourselves forewarned. I encourage you to read, though, even if you don't align with my views. After all, this is the United States of America (well.....at least it is where I am) and the discussion of ideas is one of our most cherished freedoms.

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I will try to be accurate in my posts but there will surely come a time when I get something wrong. Feel free to notify me if it is something egregious or you believe the correction would alter my opinion.



Sunday, May 24, 2009

Abortion

Gallup has released a poll claiming a slight edge to the Pro-Life opinion. It's pretty much 51/49 give or take a few decimal points.

Why are we still posing this question? Roe V Wade was decided in 1973, a full 36 years ago. What other Supreme Court decisions are bandied about, decades later?

Oh wait, I am forgetting, this is the Right Wing we're discussing. They've been grasping at straws ever since an intelligent, well thought, reasoned person was inaugurated 4 months ago.

Roe V Wade should never have had to happen in the first place. The government doesn't belong in the decision making process between a woman and her doctor. Yet, they had to ram rod their opinion into the collective dialog. So now it is the law of the land. Be careful what you wish for, GOP.

Your followers need you to come up with some important, real opinions which help them and help to get you out of your exile. Rehashing the past is lame. Start proposing intelligent opinions for 21st Century situations.

Here are some suggested topics: Health Care, Equal Rights for All (same-sex marriage), The Economy. Now get on it. Time is a wasting!

1 comment:

  1. The recent polls I have been reading are 68% of Americans wanting abortion to remain legal in the USA. That is a far cry from the poll you are citing and I believe it to be more accurate. I am with both Hillary and Bill Clinton and Barack and Michelle Obama on this one ... I want abortion to be legal and not very frequent.

    ReplyDelete