I'm a politically liberal atheist. For those who find liberal and/or atheist views to be unbearable, consider yourselves forewarned. I encourage you to read, though, even if you don't align with my views. After all, this is the United States of America (well.....at least it is where I am) and the discussion of ideas is one of our most cherished freedoms.

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I will try to be accurate in my posts but there will surely come a time when I get something wrong. Feel free to notify me if it is something egregious or you believe the correction would alter my opinion.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Days!

Don't worry, I'm not going to do an impersonation of the Fonz.

Healthcare Reform passed! In all its imperfection, it is still a remarkable event in the history of these United States. The Democrats did it. Nancy Pelosi has done what no man has ever been able to do.

Of course, there's the flip side. The right wing nutjobs who have taken over the Republican Party are falling all over themselves declaring this to be Armageddon. Some had the audacity to spit on a Congressman, call another the "N" word and yet another a derogatory name deriding his sexuality.

The last I heard, 13 offices or homes of Democrats have been vandalized. Threatening voicemail messages have been left on Congress People's systems. I won't type the vile, ugly words used but I doubt I will ever forget them.

The political discussion forums I participate on have some less than happy people on them (yup, they're "righties"). Their obvious link to all things political are FOX News and crazy radio. While debating them, prior to bill passing, I would get very frustrated. After all, how can people be so idiotic? Sure, you can have a legitimate disagreement about specifics but these people are insane! Now, when one of them tries to engage me in debate, I will reply but my ire is considerably turned down.

So when responding to someone on the right who thinks they've got a good argument, I just post something to prove them wrong and then sum up my words with the effect of, "thanks for playing but Obama won."

Do I sound smug? Sure! But it feels sooooo goooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment