I'm a politically liberal atheist. For those who find liberal and/or atheist views to be unbearable, consider yourselves forewarned. I encourage you to read, though, even if you don't align with my views. After all, this is the United States of America (well.....at least it is where I am) and the discussion of ideas is one of our most cherished freedoms.

The opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. I will try to be accurate in my posts but there will surely come a time when I get something wrong. Feel free to notify me if it is something egregious or you believe the correction would alter my opinion.



Monday, October 5, 2009

It's been a long time since I've come here. It's not because I don't have any more strong opinions about things. I am just afflicted with attention deficit disorder. When the novelty wears off, I am usually long gone....

Let's see. We still don't have healthcare reform. Terribly aggravating. Unemployment is growing and I don't see any jobs being created. Same sex marriage hasn't been truly addresses (at least on the federal level). Yet, I still support our president. Despite my affection for his intellect, poise and political philosophy, I can't imagine our having elected the alternative!

My cat, Cleo, one of two I own, is using her feminine and feline wiles to get my attention. I write "feminine" as I have done similar things to men for their attention. She is moving about this room in a slinky manner, rubbing up against a box where we put paper to be recycled. The noise from this is purely intentional on her part. Of this I am convinced! I dare not catch her eye as she will think she has won!

What does she want? Food....FOOD!!! She is an eating machine. Of course she is the fatter of the two cats I have. Cleo is round. She is black, gray, white and tint of beige striped with crystal blue eyes. She's gorgeous, if plump. Her sister, Angel, is sleek, gangly even and white, 99.9% white. She has a black dot on the hairless part of the tip of her nose. I don't notice it anymore but it was distracting at the beginning (for some odd reason....odd reason being I am an odd person).

Angel is fed on top of our kitchen table. Reason being, if her dish is on the floor, Cleo will eat it all up. Cleo is the dominant cat. Angel also naps on the kitchen table. We have deduced it is because that is where she can let her guard down. You see, Cleo will sometimes go over to a reclining Angel and start licking her head and then just when you think she might be feeling maternal, she bites her neck as if going for the kill!

So, the kitchen table has white car hair on it. We usually eat on TV tables in the living room anyway. Don't worry, though, I do clean the table regularly. If you are to have a meal with us, it would be cleaned and polished and you might just get a table cloth (or a placemat at least).

Well, this felt good. I typed a lot of the minutia which rambles through my brain. The cable guy is supposed to be here within the next 2 hours (Internet troubles, but of course, it's working fine now). I really wish I could cancel the appointment. My head is acting up and I don't feel like having a stranger in the house.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment